(Prep Time: 20 min |Cooking Time: 45 min | Serving: 4)
The simple combination of protein, whole grains, and colourful vegetables creates a nutritionally balanced and simple meal. A great receipe for our plant-based and vegan friends. All Ronneby Bruk products are pre-seasoned with organically certified vegetable oil and have received the coveted KRAV certification in Sweden. This is a simple recipe; the meal is nourishing and satisfying, and the flavour adds a delicious twist on a basic dish. This recipe can be made in any Ronneby Bruk Cast –iron cookware.
- 1 cup dry Farro
- 5 tablespoons organically certified vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup tofu, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem removed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow jalapeno pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (~1.5 cups cooked) chickpeas
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat until boiling. Add the farro to the boiling water and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until al dente. Start testing the texture at 20 minutes. Once cooked, drain.
- While the Farro is cooking, heat a Ronneby Bruk cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, onion, garlic and tofu with a small pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add the both bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Stir the vegetables every couple minutes for even cooking, and cook until fork-tender ( approximately 15 minutes).
- Add the chickpeas to the vegetables and cook for a couple minutes. Season with pepper to taste and, if needed, salt.
- Divide the Farro and stir-fry evenly between four bowls.
Total Fat 10.9g
Saturated Fat 5.3g
Total Carbohydrate 70.2g
Dietary Fiber 13.4g
Total Sugars 8.5g