(Prep Time: 20 min |Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4)
A Ronneby Bruk Cast –iron frittata loaded with veggie and cheese. This Vegetable Frittata incorporates lots of veggies, cheese and eggs cooked until custardy and creamy. This receipe is a healthy, protein packed and an easy dinner, breakfast or brunch. Ronneby Bruk Cast –iron cookware’s are dual purpose. Not only can you use them on the stove, but you can also use them in the oven. The picture shows our original cast iron, but you can also use our Light-weight cast iron with a forged steel handle for the oven.
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup goat Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons organically certified vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, goat cheese and oregano with a wire whisk until fluffy; set aside
- In a Ronneby Bruk cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook the red and yellow bell pepper, onion and garlic in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly soft. Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Stir in the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring and lifting the edges to allow the uncooked egg to flow to the bottom. When the eggs are almost set but still soft on top, place the basil pieces and tomato slices on top.
- Set the oven to Broil. Place the skillet 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
Total Fat 15.4g
Saturated Fat 3.9g
Total Carbohydrate 5.2g
Dietary Fiber 0.7g
Total Sugars 2.3g