Chicken Casserole Ratatouille
Our Executive Swedish Chef, Jens Retlev, is at it again! With his signature chicken ratatouille, he is excited to craft yet another flavorful, nutritional recipe. Chef Jens a Ronneby Bruk Ceramalj casserole today. This unique, light-weight cast-iron product has a two-part enamel finish.
Ronneby Bruk’s Ceramalj casserole offers non-stick protection (without harsh chemicals or coatings) while giving even heat and a nice surface for crisping the chicken. The perfect heat-retaining quality of the light-weight cast iron cookware used in this recipe gives you crispy skin on two sides. Watch the YouTube video to see Jens in action.
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr. 35 min
- Bone-in chicken thighs with skin: 8
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO): 1 ounce
- Eggplant - peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces: 10 ounces
- Yellow bell pepper - stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces: 1
- Yellow onion, chopped: 1 medium
- Zucchini - trimmed, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick: 2 small
- Whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped: One 28 ounces can
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley: 2 ounces
- Finely grated pecorino-romano, for serving
- Pat dry the thighs and season.
- Take your Ronneby Bruk cast-iron Casserole and heat half of the Evoo. Now add thighs with skin side down and cook for 10 minutes. Put the thighs in the plate and set aside.
- In the same casserole, cook eggplant for 5 minutes and transfer to another bowl.
- Now in the casserole, add zucchini and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes and then add tomatoes and cooked eggplant.
- Add thighs with skin side up in this mixture. Cover the casserole and let the mixture simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Transfer thighs into a bowl and remove their skin and bones.
- Shred the meat with a fork and put the shredded meat again to casserole. Add parsley and season.
- Serve with grated pecorino romano cheese.