(Prep Time: 10 min |Cooking Time: 60 min | Serving : 4)
We were delighted to have Executive Chef Jens Retlev from Sweden craft us this delicious dish using Ronneby Bruk cast iron cookware. There’s nothing more flavorful than roast chicken that’s perfectly crisped in a cast iron skillet. Full of color, flavor and healthy nutrients—this is one recipe you’ll want to prepare year-round.
- 4-pound whole chicken
- Kosher salt
- 3 onions, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons organically certified vegetable oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 Rosemary sprigs
- 4 small carrots, cut lengthwise
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season generously with salt inside and outside. Tie the legs with kitchen string. Leave to stand for 1 hour so that the salt can penetrate the skin.
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and place your Ronneby Bruk 12 "cast iron pan in the oven to pre-heat. Preheat the oven to 425 °.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion, carrot and 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and sprigs of rosemary.
- Once the oven has reached the temperature, dry the chicken with a paper towel and cover it lightly with half of the remaining oil. Remove the Ronneby Bruk cast iron pan from the oven and place the chicken in the middle of the Place the onion, carrot and rosemary around the chicken. Return to the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the onion and carrot are golden and tender on the edges and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breasts registers 155 °. Remove from the oven and let the chicken sit in the pan for at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice. Serve with onion, carrot and rosemary.
Total Fat 13.9g
Saturated Fat 10.1g
Total Carbohydrate 8.1g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Sugars 3.5g