Seared Ribeye with Wilted Bok Choy
Bok Choy has always been a favorite vegetable here at Ronneby Bruk. This intense, salty and scrumptious Ribeye recipe is complemented by the bok choy’s unique flavor. Ronneby Bruk cast iron cookware will give you the perfect texture for the ribeye.
Ronneby Bruk cast iron is the best type of cook wear to use for this recipe, given its superior heat-retaining qualities that are especially useful when you want to preserve the natural sweetness of the bok choy and an appealing charring for the meat.
Preparation Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Ribeye steak (1 1/4 inches thick): 16 ounces
- Vegetable oil: 0.5 ounces
- Butter: 1.5 ounces
- Hoisin sauce: 1 ounce
- Chopped peeled fresh ginger: 0.5 ounce
- Baby bok choy, sliced : 3 heads
- Hot sesame oil, for drizzling
- Season steaks in oil.
- Take a Ronneby Bruk cast-iron skillet (we used the professional cast iron with a forged handle for this recipe) and cook steak for 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Now add ginger, butter, and hoisin. Cook for a minute.
- Transfer the steak to a clean cutting board.
- In the same cast-iron skillet, add bok choy and cook for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Slice cooked steak and serve with bok choy.
- Drizzle a little hot sesame oil over before serving.