There's nothing like a well-fried chicken when you want a delicious, crunchy, and easy-to-make recipe. That is why our Swedish Chef, Jens Retlev, brings you this authoritative, concise yet unique fried chicken recipe using Ronneby Bruk cast iron cookware. The recipe is full of spice and sharp flavors with little sweetness of brown sugar, giving your taste buds a lively boost.
Ronneby Bruk cast iron is the best type of cook wear to use for this recipe, given its superior heat-retaining qualities that are especially useful when you want to produce an evenly golden crust that accentuates the flavor of the chicken itself, allowing it to shine.
Preparation Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- dark brown sugar: 2 ounces
- Worcestershire sauce: 1.4 ounces
- hot sauce, such as Tabasco: 0.5 ounces
- Salt and pepper
- chicken thighs: 4
- chicken drumsticks: 4
- flour: 10 Ounces
- cayenne: 0.3 ounces
- garlic powder: 0.3 ounces
- baking powder: 0.3 ounces
- paprika: 0.3 ounces
- egg: 1
- vegetable oil: 25 ounces
- Take a saucepan and boil water with hot sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sause, salt, and pepper. Simmer. Transfer the water mixture to a big bowl and let it cool. Add chicken and refrigerate for 3 hours. Before cooking, take the chicken out and pat dry.
- Take a bowl and mix flour, baking powder, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Take another bowl and mix water, egg, and little oil. Now slowly add in flour mixture and fold.
- Take our Ronneby Bruk cast-iron skillet and heat remaining oil.
- Dip each piece of chicken into a flour batter and then fry it in the skillet. Flip the chicken side after it is brown.
- Transfer all chicken pieces to a serving plate layered with paper towels.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.