Skillet Shrimp and Sausage
Summertime is coming, which means its seafood time at the beach. We are delighted to have our Executive Swedish Chef, Jens Retlev, creating this beautiful savory shrimp and sausage dish that is very easy to cook and has just the perfect amount of spice. It's an all-time favorite feast for sea-food lovers.
Ronneby Bruk cast iron skillets are the culinary equipment that can evenly distribute high heat levels and are ideally used to cook anything from shrimp, chicken, and steak dishes to your favorite cornbread recipe. Using a cast-iron skillet, we make sure to avoid overcooked shrimps, while brightening up the flavors and shrimps' crisp acidity.
To make the flavors shine in this recipe, Chef Jens has used our Ultra-Light Original cast iron skillet. Our Ultra-Light products have all of the attributes of traditional cast iron, with less of the weight.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
- Frozen, raw shrimp (31 to 40 per pound): Two 2 pound bags
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 2 ounces
- Butter: 1 ounce
- Long-grain white rice: 32 ounces
- Onion chopped: 1 large
- Links precooked chicken-apple sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces: 4
- Green bell pepper, chopped: 1 large
- Finely chopped garlic: 0.3 ounces
- Diced tomatoes: One 12 ounce can
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken broth: 48 ounces
- Take a large Ronneby Bruk Ultra-Lightweight cast-iron skillet and heat butter and olive oil. Add onion and rice and cook for 5 minutes. Now stir in garlic, bell pepper, and sausage and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a Simmer for approximately 12 minutes.
- Serve hot.