Trout with Lemon & Herbs
If you want to try a combination of lightness and elegance in a seafood variety, our Executive Swedish Chef, Jens Retlev, is delighted to share this simple trout recipe, mixed with sharp lemon flavors and subtle herbs. Chef Jens made this recipe using Ronneby Bruk cast iron grill pan. Enjoy this tender fish with a toothsome crust, anointed with nutty, lemony brown butter, and perfumed with herbs.
This fish recipe shows off all the best parts of cast-iron cooking, yielding shatteringly crisp skin and tender fish. The Maestro line of grill pans give the perfect grill lines to your trout. Thanks to the perfect heat-retaining qualities of Ronneby Bruk cast iron cook wear, you can be sure of getting even distribution of heat throughout, producing the taste, texture, and flavors of your recipe the way you want.
This is our favorite Ronneby Bruk product for cooking outdoors on the grill. Fish, asparagus, Impossible Burgers- everything comes out looking great.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- Butter: 2 ounces
- Skin-on trout fillets (6 to 8 ounces Each): 2
- Salt and pepper
- Sprigs thyme: 4
- Lemons, 1 thinly sliced and 1 juiced: 2 small
- Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley: 0.5 ounce
- Take a large cast-iron skillet and melt butter. Season trout with salt and pepper.
- Add trout into the skillet with skin side down. Scatter with lemon slices and thyme.
- Cook trout in a skillet for 5 minutes.
- Put fish and lemon slices into serving plate.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice into the skillet. Slowly scrape the browned bits from the skillet's bottom and drizzle this sauce over trout.
- Top trout with parsley and serve hot.